Over the years I’ve offered a variety of demographics and polling questions (use “Who Are Choice Moms” category to learn more). Here is a partial compilation:
Regarding website usage
After I published the “Choosing Single Motherhood” book in 2005, I created a website and started tracking the number of visitors who found it. At the end of that first year the website was averaging 800 visitors per month. Want to know how we’ve grown since then?
- At the end of 2007, we were averaging 1,800 visitors each month, largely finding us through Google searches and word of mouth.
- By the end of 2009, we were up to roughly 3,000 visitors each month.
- In February 2010 we revamped the website substantially, and began averaging 4,000 per month.
- in December 2013, we were up to 5,300 visitors.
- In addition, more than 40,000 have downloaded the Choice Chat podcast… more than 1,000 women have attended Choice Mom networking events… nearly 2,000 women are participating on Choice Mom discussion boards.
To the 2011 question, what stage of the journey are you in right now?
- 29% actively trying to conceive
- 28% thinking of taking this step
- 21% currently pregnant or awaiting adoption
- 21% already a Choice Mom
Previous poll results
For the question: “If you could hit the re-set button, what would you do differently?”;
- Most of us have no regrets about how life is working out in the particular ways cited in the poll
- But one-quarter wished they had stopping Thinking as long as they did and become a Tryer sooner
- Nearly as many wished they had ended a relationship earlier and not wasted their fertility time
- A handful think they might have been able to make it work with a particular someone and in hindsight wished they’d started a family then