If adoption is an option you’d like to consider, there are many resources throughout this website. Here are a few:
- Marynell: saving for adoption
- Monica: my single parent adoption story
- Lorie: adopting from Russia
- What I learned from my failed adoption
- Valerie: the ups and downs of adoption as a single woman
Choice Moms Information
- Checklist for single-parent adoption
- Choice Mom Guide to Adoption
- podcasts on adoption
- search category “adoption” for more
There are many wonderful organizations working on behalf of adoption. Here are some of my favorite links.
- Adam Pertman long has been the leader in adoption policies and news. Check out his website.
- 100 best adoption-friendly workplaces, compiled each year by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, which is many excellent resources
- A Who’s Who list of adoption resources, compiled for National Adoption Day (Nov. 22), particularly related to foster care options, including debunking myths.
- Information about foster care options in Canada
- Great ongoing online shows about adoption, and other ways to build a family, on Creating a Family