A woman who is preparing to write about the Choice Motherhood lifestyle in a community that doesn’t think single parenting is such a good thing asked me to offer some resources. I realized that many of you might benefit from some of my overview on the politics of single motherhood, in your own conversations with others.
Most of this is from my own commentaries posted here on ChoiceMoms.org, but also some of the Huffington Post and other guests blogs I’ve been asked to write.
- Can Choice Moms expect help from their community?, with lots of excellent comments from readers
- Book excerpt: Nature v. Nurture (Steven Pinker)
- Case studies of young women who are actively choosing this lifestyle, and why
- My take on what actually matters to our children: pivot points become more meaningful in the long run than missing parts
- A survey about how children raised by lesbians fare
- Excerpts from my Public Square debate with a Fathers Matter advocate
- Quote from my op-ed about the rights of any parent